Monday, January 31, 2011

WEB WORK 3

John K. Hillers

I chose to research more about John Hillers because once I saw his images; I knew I would be interested in more. A little about my background is that I was very close with my grandmother Elaine. She basically raised me. She was very into Native American history, artwork, anything to do with Native Americans. Because she loved them, so did I. She left me all of her decorations that she had around her house when she passed. So long story short, that is why I was excited to look into Hillers more and see more of his images.

I found that Hillers explored much of the Indian territories such as California, the southeast and southwest. He eventually recorded their way of life through photographs. He worked as a government photographer and gained great knowledge working for agencies.

I could write more about Hillers and his photography but I feel his images explain more then writing about his life. Here are a few that caught my eye.



Link to more images by John K. Hillers.


1 comment: