Friday, January 28, 2011

Édouard Baldus


I researched the work of Èdouward Baldus and found it extremely interesting. A majority of his work is of landscapes and architecture. Initially I was under the impression that taking pictures of buildings was one of the most boring and easy things to do because they don't move and they're already works of art on their own but I was wrong. Framing an image to fully complement and contain the beauty of a building is quite the task. Not only does he nail the composition but the lighting of the photographs are magnificent. Repeating shapes a prevalent in his work and he has several nationally acclaimed photographs.
The photograph on the right struck me because not only does it have multiple repeating shapes but it ironically resembles a strip of film, which I thought was pretty cool. He also does a lot of work with columns on buildings which displays magnificent repeating lines and shadows.

PART B
I friend showed me this video and it really does a good job showing how effective the "lensbaby" lenses are, it gives digital photos a more raw film look and allows for more in camera affects and not post production

The Making of POWER HOUSE from See In A New Way on Vimeo.

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever tried the lensbaby or a holga? I bet you'd really enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah i've tried the lensbaby out before and its sick! but i havent brought myself to buying one yet

    ReplyDelete