Thursday, February 3, 2011

Web Work 4: Pictorialism

Well for this web work I looked up the photographic movement known as Pictorialism. Now, I looked this term up on Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pictorialism) and in a nut shell I understand it to be photographic that look like paintings. Some photos like the ones I found on google.com (see end of blog) look like painting, but they are photos? Now I have work with graphics for years and I can tell you how to create this using Photoshop or other image editing programs, but to actually create this from a camera, thats Amazing!! I love the soft light in the photos, almost like those wedding photos you see, where the bride is looking off in the distance with a soft light shining on her (thats the best way I can describe it).

Henry Peach Robinson Fading Away” (1858)

Margrethe Mather, Florence Deshon, 1921

Angel 3

Inspired by Pictorialism
Model: Pia

1 comment: