Monday, February 7, 2011

Ye Old Faithful

About five years ago, my grandparents came to the United States for their very first time. They live in a small town in France called Nancy. My grandma is deathly afraid of airplanes so it was a pretty big deal getting her to travel over seas..I can't even imagine the anxiety she must have felt when the turbulance kicked in! They came to stay for an entire month so my parents, my brother and I took the initiative to take them on a roadtrip across the United States. One of the most memorable locations we chose to take them, was Yellowstone National Park. There were elks, moose, bears, buffalo, wolves and acres upon acres of pure, nature. One of the exciting things to see in Yellowstone is the cone geyser known as Old Faithful. It is said to erupt every 35 to 120 minutes. We waited no more than 10 minutes before it erupted! I remember the volcano-like explosion of boiling hot water bursting into the air, followed by an overwhelming smell of rotten eggs..not quite what you imagined is it? Doesn't seem very appealing but it's actually quite extraordinary how natural it is. It's one beauty of the world that wasn't created by humans! If you ever get a chance to take a roadtrip, I reassure you, that you will not be dissapointed by the wonders found in Yellowstone National Park.

1 comment:

  1. Yum - rotten eggs! Must have made a great impression on your french grandmother!

    ReplyDelete