Thursday, March 17, 2011

web work 5

WYNN BULLOCK

When I saw Wynn Bullocks pictures I thought they were absolutely amazing. These very artistic photographs had deep connections with nature. During the early 60s he started turning to a different body of work that he called “color light abstractions”. In these photographs he explored the use of lights. He enjoyed his work and thought very highly of it but it proved to be ahead of his time in the resources to produce them and most people didn’t find out about them for about fifty years. Wynn frustrated by the limitations of color printing technology had to return back to black and white photography and instead focused on pictures that reflected his philosophical nature. He believed in finding the essence of images. Although this talented artist was limited by the inventions of his time he in my opinion did a wonderful job in creating pictures with meaning. Photographs of nature are my favorite ones to look at. The beauty of the natural world captured in a photograph is something thqat could keep my attention for many hours. Wynn Bullock had a very good eye for these pictures. I love the way he makes the pictures look both exotic and mysterious. I believe that he is an extremely talented photographer.
































PART B)

I think his attempt at making colored photography is admirable.Although these pictures are very unique I think that his use of black and white was much more interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - I had no idea Wynn Bullock had done the color work. That was really, really interesting. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete