Wednesday, May 11, 2011

web work 9: Beth Dow





Beth Dow is from Minneapolis Minnesota and her work focuses on using historical references and old style photo development to draw awareness to current issues of how land is used. Many of her photos have a kind of fantasy feel to them, but they are also all real images (a lot of the things she takes pictures of are landmarks around the Minneapolis area). I really like how she has this foggy, hazy, magical kind of feel to her work it also has this unnatural, is this a mirrage kind of feel to them. They remind me of like... a real world version of alice in wonderland or something. I also love nature photography, and while I would prefer these to be taken in a more wild setting, I think what she is doing here is really cool.

a link to her official website
http://www.bethdow.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment