Monday, November 22, 2010

Sebastiao Salgado


Title: The Kamchatka peninsula (part of the Genesis project)

Artist: Sebastiao Salgado

Medium:

Year: 2004-2007



Give a brief description of the movement, photographer, or term you researched. How are they significant to the history of photography (50-75 words)?

Sebastiao Salgado shoots a lot of projects all around the world. I think his images really bring awareness to the cultures and way of life in other countries. I like how he keeps his images in black and white; it helps me focus more on the purpose and focal point of his images. I really liked his Kamchatka Peninsula image. The way the rocks are formed, it almost looks like a vortex, so the depth that the rocks play in the image is mesmerizing.





Write a short personal reaction to the movement, photographer or term you researched. What is interesting or not interesting about the work (50 – 75 words).

Continuing from before, I really enjoyed the way he captured these rocks. I like the way the lines draw my eyes back and the path on the ground compliments it as well. I want to know more, like where the path leads to, what it looks like above the rocks, etc.


Name (please only include if it is ok to publish on blog): Shannon

No comments:

Post a Comment